The School of Communication and Information is seeking qualified applicants for the following positions:
Tenure-Track Faculty Opportunities
- Library and Information Science
- Communication - applications no longer being accepted
Non-Tenure Track Faculty Opportunities (Full-time)
- Journalism and Media Studies - applications no longer being accepted
Part-Time Teaching Opportunities
Teaching Bachelors and Masters Students
SC&I offers a number of undergraduate and masters programs that make use of part-time faculty. If you are interested in applying to become a part-time faculty member, contact the department chair or program director of the program in your area of expertise by emailing them with your resume/CV and a cover letter that outlines your teaching experience, your subject matter expertise, and lists the courses we offer that you feel qualified to teach. To see a list of courses in each program, go to the program page by using the blue navigation bar above; the "Undergraduate" and "Graduate" options will allow you to select a program and see its course listing.
For more information about applying to teach for the Information Technology and Informatics program, click here.
Teaching Continuing Education Participants
At the moment our continuing education program is not hiring instructors.
All full-time staff positions at SC&I are listed through the University Human Resources portal (select "full-time" and "College Avenue").
Part-Time Marketing & Communications Videographer
SC&I’s Marketing & Communication Department is seeking a creative, motivated and experienced videographer to create and edit exciting videos to promote the school and it’s programs. Videos will be used for marketing, PR and archival purposes.
- Setup and record location shoots (special events, testimonials, faculty interviews, original digital animation, etc.)
- Contribute ideas on new ways to highlight programs through video, social media outlets (Vine, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook)
- Develop storyboards with marketing team
- Setup and record "staged" promotional shoots
- Convert/encode video and audio
- Move files to various locations (Streaming Servers, YouTube, DVDs, etc.)
- Ensure equipment in good working order and equipment up to date
- Create documentation (written/screen and video recording)
- Conduct and document product comparisons
- Simple to complex video editing (trimming, titles/credits, transitions, multi-camera, multi-audio, multi-track production)
- Contact for outsourced video production work; able to provide guidance on pricing and strategy.
- We seek a videographer with 2-3 years experience.
- Must be familiar with: Video and Audio recording equipment and use, Composition, Lighting, iMovie, Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premiere (Elements), Final Cut Pro (Express), Audacity, Garage Band, video conversion tools, embedding video, and basic video and audio capture and editing equipment.
- Must be able to work occasional evening/weekend hours as needed for special events.
This is a part-time position (19.5 hours per week), long term. Pay rate = $20/hour. This is NOT a student position.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter, along with links to three video samples to Diane Gomez, director of marketing and communication.