The School of Communication and Information is seeking qualified applicants for the following positions:
Tenure Track Faculty Opportunities (Full-time)
To apply for tenure-track faculty positions in Communication, please click here to use our portal.
To apply for tenure-track faculty positions in Library and Information Science, please click here to use our portal.
Non-Tenure Track Faculty Opportunities (Full-time)
To apply for tenure-track faculty positions in Journalism and Media Studies, please click here to use our portal.
Part-Time Teaching Opportunities
Teaching bachelors and masters students: SC&I offers four undergraduate and two masters programs that make use of part-time faculty. If you are interested in applying to become a part-time faculty member, please contact the department chair or program director of the program in your area of expertise by emailing them with your resume/CV and a cover letter that outlines your teaching experience, your subject matter expertise, and lists the courses we offer that you feel qualified to teach. To see a list of courses in each program, go to the program page by using the blue navigation bar above; the "Undergraduate" and "Graduate" options will allow you to select a program and see its course listing.
For more information about applying to teach for the Information Technology and Informatics program, click here.
Teaching continuing education participants: Our continuing education program, Professional Development Studies, specializes in non-credit programs for professionals. We are always looking for highly qualified professionals to develop and/or deliver online, hybrid and classroom courses. If you are interested in exploring the possibilities, email Director Maira Seara, , with your resume and a cover letter outlining your teaching experience and the subject you’re qualified to teach. We’re especially interested in working with experienced practitioners who have a background in teaching other professionals.
Public Relations Internship
Rutgers University's School of Communication & Information (SC&I) in New Brunswick is seeking an intern to work 15-25 hours/week for a minimum of 12 weeks on a for-credit basis. The Public Relations Intern will report to the Public Relations Specialist and Director of Marketing and Communication.
This position will assist with a range of communications projects, including:
- Researching, interviewing, writing, editing, fact checking and proofreading press releases, news stories and newsletters.
- Posting events and news items to the SC&I website.
- Writing social media content to support PR and marketing campaigns.
- Monitoring social media analytics using tools such as Bit.ly, Hoot Suite, etc.
- Maintaining the school’s media library, and taking photos and video of the SC&I community.
- Assisting with general day-to-day activities.
- Have excellent writing and research skills.
- Be organized and able to multi-task.
- Be assertive.
- Manage time effectively and meet deadlines.
- Have an understanding of AP style or willingness to learn.
- Prefer candidates who have taken at least one PR course.
SC&I is looking for someone who can take initiative and offer creative solutions. This internship is for academic credit only; it is not a paid internship. Applicants must confirm for-credit internship eligibility requirements before applying.
We are accepting applications for the spring 2014 semester only.
- Name, email address, phone number
- Current school/college at Rutgers
- Current major(s)/minor(s)
- Month/Year you expect to graduate
- Semester(s) you are available to intern
- Confirmation of eligibility to do an internship for academic credit.
- General statement about your skills/experiences as related to this position
- Attach résumé
IT Services Positions
SC&I IT Services department is seeking interns and PT student workers to work 15-25 hours/week for the Spring 2014 semester. Please see detailed job descriptions at http://comminfo.rutgers.edu/it-services/it-positions-available.html.
All full-time staff positions at SC&I are listed through the University Human Resources portal at http://uhrapps.rutgers.edu/jobs/ (select "full-time" and "College Avenue").