- Learn about leadership while engaging in practical experiences.
- Represent Rutgers University in non-profit sectors.
- Involve in community services
- Receive a Certificate in Leadership and have the Certificate noted on your official Rutgers transcript.
What does the Leadership Certificate Program involve?
Complete the following 16 credits of coursework:
- 192:390 (Approaches to Leadership) and 192:458 (Leadership in Groups and Organizations) (6 credits).
- One of the following communication courses: 346 (Intercultural), 356 (Group), 359 (Persuasion), or 442 (Communication and Facilitation) (3 credits).
- Two leadership-related, disciplinary focus courses selected from existing Rutgers University New Brunswick course offerings, in consultation with the Program Coordinator (6 credits).
- A one-semester, one-credit leadership field experience (1 credit).
Want an application or more information?
Click Leadership Certificate Information and print an application. Complete and return the form to the SC&I Office of Student Services (CI - 214). Questions, contact Dr. Lewis at .
To get the Adobe reader/viewer if you don't have it:
The application is in .pdf format and requires Adobe Acrobat Reader or Acrobat Viewer for Java. This software is freely available for download and is already installed at most Rutgers computing labs.