School of Communication and Information
Office of Student Services
SC&I Building Rm 214
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
(732) 932-7500 Office (732) 932-6916 Fax
Meet the Staff
Assistant Dean for Student Services: Kevin Ewell
Through a welcoming, student-centered environment, the Office of Student Services in the School of Communication and Information at Rutgers University seeks to assist students with the achievement of their academic and personal goals and the enrichment of their overall student experience throughout the stages of their admission and enrollment. The SC&I Office of Student Services is dedicated to establishing best practices for promoting positive student-outcomes and successful program and degree completion through:
- Effective academic advising for all current and prospective SC&I undergraduate and graduate full and part-time students.
- Assisting students with understanding SC&I program and degree requirements and SC&I academic policies and procedures.
- Collaborating with SC&I and university faculty, program directors, and other college resources.
- Promoting mutual growth and accountability through effective problem solving and decision-making.
- Creating and supporting environments that accommodate our diversity of learners.
- Making appropriate referrals to campus resources.
- Offering sound guidance and direction yet respecting students’ decisions in the advising process.
Current SC&I Students
Here's your student survival guide. Learn where to go to for academic advising, to inquire about internships, to get information about studying abroad, and to join a SC&I student organization. From here, you will be able to access class schedules, link to the Office of Financial Aid, request unofficial and official transcripts, to see university policies and procedures, and more.
Prospective SC&I Students
Your future starts here. Take a tour, get a taste of campus life, fill out an online application. Or download a catalog and search thousands of courses from Chinese to pharmaceutical chemistry. New Brunswick/Piscataway has everything from historic buildings to cutting-edge research laboratories. Take a closer look.