Why Rutgers and MCIS?
- Rutgers prestige – your degree will be from a University that is:
- Join our extensive Rutgers Alumni network of over 433,000 graduates
- Exceptional value for your tuition investment
- Our tuition is very attractive compared to other schools
- The Master’s credential is a clear differentiator – only 8.9 percent of Americans have a Master’s degree (NCES, 2015).
- Employers of all types are seeking individuals with strong interpersonal, communication, and teaming skills.
- The MCIS degree can enable you to enhance your current position or enter a new area of interest. Our graduates work in an array of professional positions in corporate communication, public relations, health communication, social media management, marketing, digital media, branding, social justice and non-profits and a host of others.
“It all happened at Rutgers. The pivot of my life and career happened there.” Pamela Pruitt (MCIS 2012), Director of Multicultural Affairs
- World class faculty who combine theory and practice in unique ways to enhance your learning experience.
- Study at the epicenter of many communication and media studies professions at our Campus with New York City and Philadelphia less than one hour away. We offer a range of experiential learning opportunities through internships and other options.
- You can further enhance your learning with a choice of five specialized study areas.
- You can study on-campus or online and complete your degree in 18-24 months.
- You can work and complete our program – over 60% of our students work full-time.
- The MCIS degree is a STEM program.
Are you a prospective student? Want more information about the program?
Find more information about the program and the different tracks offered here