A Public Relations Certificate Can Help You Get There
You've been in the industry a few years now. You know you want more responsibilities, and you're ready to tackle new accounts or ideas. Or maybe you're wondering how that manager or director position can be yours. Let's think about what skills you need to strengthen or add to your resume.
- Have you had the opportunity to create a strategic PR plan that demonstrates a strong understanding of a campaign?
- Do you understand the importance of integrating social media and branding into your PR campaign?
- Are you comfortable with how to measure the effectiveness and underscore the outcomes of your efforts?
- Do you have the leadership skills to lead a team or department?
The PR Certificate Program registration for Spring 2015 has begun. Check out the new program details and save 10 percent by registering for the entire certificate program now! Rolling enrollment is available, so you can start taking courses immediately.
- PR Certificate Program (register for 2 required courses and 5 electives for a 10% discount)
- Building a Successful Brand (course starts on September 8)
- Public Relations for a Cause (course starts on September 8)
Your Tool Kit for Success
Whether you're looking to take on new challenges in your company or expand your communications arsenal, the School of Communication and Information (SC&I) Public Relations Certificate program is your tool kit for progress. Tailor the program to best meet your professional needs. And, we provide a flexible online program that we know is vital for your busy schedule.
Designed for the Busy PR Professional
Six months is all you need to complete the online program. We offer interactive courses that are taught by industry experts with real-world experience. There is one required course — Advanced PR and Marketing Communication Writing — and one required workshop — Ethics in Public Relations. You choose five electives from specific areas of interest to you, whether your focus is analytics, leadership or integrated marketing.
If you're ready to move your career forward complete the application form today and pay the $75 admission fee. Once your application is approved, your next step is to view your pricing options and to register. Students who register for the full certificate program will receive a code for a 10% discount. If you need information about loans, refer to the Sallie Mae website for details about their Smart Option Student Loans. We're here to guide you through the process, so reach out for assistance at any stage of the program.