· Senior Editor. Encyclopedia of Childrens Literature. New York: Oxford University Press, 2001-2003.
· Advisory Board, The Encyclopedia of Children’s Literature. Continuum Publishing Group. 1999-
· Advisory Board, CITE at eCollege, Denver, CO. 1999-l, 1997-1999.
· Advisory Board of The Chronology of Women Worldwide: People, Places & Events That Shaped Women’s History. ed. by Lynne Brakeman. Detroit, MI: Gale Research, Inc.1994-96.
· Advisory Board of Twentieth Century Children’s Writers. 4th Edition. Detroit, MI: Gale/St. James Press 1994-95.
· Advisory Board of Twentieth-Century Children's Writers. 3rd Edition. St. James Press, London, England. 1988-90.
· Referee. Library Resources and Technical Services Division, ALA for Library Resources and Technical Services Journal. 1987.
· Editorial Board. Association of Library and Information Science Education: Journal of Education for Library and Information Science. 1986-89.
· Editorial Board, PHAEDRUS an International Annual of Research in Children's Literature. 1980-86.
· Advisory Board. American Association of School Librarians: School Media Quarterly. Consulting Editor. 1979-83.