- PhD (Information & Library Science) from UNC Chapel Hill (May 2010)
- MS (Computer Science) from UMass Amherst (May 2006)
- Research Assistant at IIT Bombay (July 2003)
- MTech (Computer Science) from IIT Madras (January 2002)
- BE (Computer Engineering) from DDIT, Nadiad, Gujarat (May 2000)
- ACM Lifetime Member
- ASIST Member
- Summer intern at FXPAL, California (Summer 2007)
- Visiting research fellow at National Institute of Informatics (NII) at Tokyo, Japan (Summer 2006).
- Summer intern at Honda Research Institute at Mountain View, California (Summer 2004). Patent titled Building Plans For Household Tasks From Distributed Knowledge issued on May 6, 2008 (U.S. Patent Application No.: 11/296,020).
- Microsoft Certified Professional (1999)
- Chairman of IEEE Student Branch at Nadiad, Gujarat (1998-1999)