This course focuses on understanding how organizations learn, and how information technology can be used for the design and development of instructional systems and materials within the organization to facilitate workplace learning. It will address workplace learning needs, learning styles, learning outcomes, representation of knowledge, problem solving, and assessment of the usability of e-learning systems in the workplace.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe how people learn in the workplace, and be able to identify enablers and barriers to learning.
- Identify learning styles, and appropriate pedagogical principles and teaching methods.
- Implement strategies to determine learning needs in the organization.
- Apply principles of effective design and development of workplace learning initiatives.
- Work cooperatively with others in developing an instructional design plan for the organization.
- Select and use appropriate technologies for implementing workplace learning solutions.
- Analyze and appraise various course and instructional management techniques such as questioning, discussions, evaluation and assessment.