This course focuses on building skills and knowledge in analysis of communication problems in real world settings. Students learn to define key concepts and issues, review current literature, and empirically examine a core communication problem in a specific context.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Develop a problem conceptualization for a specific organizational case and develop a project involving literature review, data collection, analysis, and client relationship development.
- Design a project around a specific set of client goals.
- Use skills in interviewing, questionnaire design, observation and other social science methods in order to gather useful data.
- Develop skills in applying data to problem solving to arrive at useful and practical recommendations for client.
- Develop team management skills to execute the project in a timely and professional manner.