This course examines the role of communication in society. Taught with a special topics focus in each semester, the course will examine the important impacts that communication processes, relationships, and messages have in society. Topics of focus include corporate social responsibility; community networks; community health campaigns; political communication; communication in civil society organizations among others. (Offered every fall semester)
Upon successful completion of this course, students will:
- Understand the basic concepts and vocabulary related to CSR.
- Comprehensively understand ethical and social issues/decisions in CSR (beyond marketing).
- Enhanced ability to integrate CSR perspective into organizational communication.
- Enhanced ability to evaluate an organization’s CSR initiatives.
- Have a better understanding of career opportunities related to CSR and social innovation.