SKILLS FOR TODAY.
KNOWLEDGE FOR TOMORROW.
The School of Communication and Information (SC&I) is one of the very few schools that offers our students the chance to leverage both communication and media to create a specialized learning experience.
The MCM program integrates theory and practice to advance professional hands-on experience in communication, media and other information intensive professions. Our faculty emphasize original research, cutting edge theory, and knowledge and skills necessary to understand and manage the complex communication, information, and media processes inherent to the information age.
Only 8.9 percent of Americans have a Master’s degree (NCES, 2015). Now’s the time to set yourself apart with our MCM program.
Why choose our MCM Program?
* Offers seven specializations that cover all aspects of communication and media studies so you can tailor your academic plan to meet your specific career goals
* Emphasis on practical skills taught by experienced professionals that can be immediately applied in the workplace, equipping you to advance in your current career field or enter a new area of interest
* Gateway to communication careers as seen in our graduates, who hold professional positions in numerous industries including corporate communication, public relations, health communication, social media management, marketing and digital media
* Renowned faculty that combine theory and practice on today’s communication and media advancements to keep you on top of current trends
* Located less than 40 miles from NYC and 60 miles to Philadelphia, meaning abundant internship and employment opportunities in the nation’s most high-profile cities
* Ranked one of the Top 25 Public Universities nationwide by U.S. News & World Report
* Flexible coursework that enables you to study on campus, online or a hybrid of both enabling you to work while completing your degree in as fast as 15 months – over 60% of our students are employed full-time.
* Ranked in Money Magazine's Top 100 for most affordable tuition, “Great education, at an Affordable price.” Top 25 Best Public Colleges for ROI.
* GRE waiver available (requirements apply)
* Hear it straight from our current students and successful alums.
Rutgers University: Recognition. Prestige. Tradition.
- Listed in Forbes’ Best Value Colleges 2018 nationwide
- Ranked 3rd in the nation for Safest College Campuses by ADT
- Celebrating over 250 years of revolutionary teaching, research, and service
- Now a proud member of the Big Ten Academic Alliance
- Ranked one of the Top 25 Public Universities nationwide by U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked in the Top 100 Best Global Universities
- Extensive Alumni network of over 433,000 graduates