Health and Wellness Communication (18 credits)
Choose at least 3 Core Courses:
(Can take as many as 6)
- 307: Health Literacy
- 359 Persuasive Communication
- 407 Health Communication
- 408 Health Message & Campaign Design
- 446 Communication & Social Change
- 459: Patient-Provider Communication
- 460 Advanced Health Communication
Choose up to 3 Elective Courses:
- 346 Intercultural Communication
- 404 Communicating About Relationship Challenges
- 410 Media, Marketing & Communication
- 478 Family Communication
Special Topics: Sexual Communication
Students can combine the Health and Wellness Communication specialization with other specializations to expand their career options. Consider an example of combinations and possible career paths.
Get more information about Health and Wellness Communication by visiting the following websites:
- Health Communication Division of the National Communication Association
- Coalition for Health Communication
Get The Details
- Specializations are open to Communication majors.
- Students may earn more than one specialization (as long as all requirements are satisfied).
- Specialization course credits will apply toward satisfying degree requirements
- A total of six courses (18 credits) are required for each specialization.
- There are NO course substitutions permitted unless the department has approved a new course/special topics course for a specialization.
- Courses already taken (even before fall 2014) will count toward the specializations if they are on the approved list. Students must follow all the same rules for enrolling in a course as any student not in a specialization (e.g., all prerequisites apply)