Strategic Public Communication & Public Relations (18 credits)
Choose at least 2 Core Courses:
(Can take as many as 5)
- 357 Organizational Communication
- 359 Persuasive Communication
- 366 Organizational Reputation and Representation
- 410 Media, Marketing & Communication
- 411 Crisis Communication & Public Information
Choose up to 4 Elective Courses:
(At least one NOT in Practice/Tools set)
- 346 Intercultural Communication
- 381 Argumentation
- 408 Health Message & Campaign Design
- 422 Communication & Facilitation
- 450 Dark Side of Organizations
- 313 Message Design for Public Relations
- 315 Professional Writing & Communication
- 350 Visual Communication
- 365 Principles of Public Relations
- 369 Internship in Communication
- 403 Conflict Negotiation and Resolution
- 409 Public Relations Management
- 466 Audience & Market Analysis
Strategic Public Communication and Public Relations can be combined with other specializations so students may expand their career options.
To learn more about Public Relations and Strategic Public Relations, visit the following websites:
- The Public Relations Society of America
- The Public Relations Student Society of America
- International Association of Business Communicators
Get The Details
- Specializations are open to Communication majors.
- Students may earn more than one specialization (as long as all requirements are satisfied).
- Specialization course credits will apply toward satisfying degree requirements in the major.
- A total of six courses (18 credits) are required for each specialization.
- There are NO course substitutions permitted unless the department has approved a new course/special topics course for a specialization.
- Courses already taken (even before fall 2014) will count toward the specializations if they are on the approved list. Students must follow all the same rules for enrolling in a course as any student not in a specialization (e.g., all prerequisites apply)