The Department of Communication offers an honors program to undergraduates who excel in the Communication major. Honors students will conduct original research under the supervision of a faculty advisor and a senior thesis committee. In order to be accepted into the program, the following criteria must be met:
- 3.4 Grade point average in the Communication major
- 3.2 Overall grade point average
- Obtain a faculty sponsor
- Complete and submit a Communication Honors Program application
Upon Acceptance to the Program:
- Students will complete a senior thesis
- Pass an oral defense of the thesis during their senior year
- Enroll in 04:192:493 and 494, Senior Thesis Independent Project I & II
Students may also participate in their college honors program under the sponsorship of the department.
Download the Communication Honors Program application.
The application is in PDF format and requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. This software is freely available for download and is already installed at most Rutgers computing labs.