Degree Requirements for the DCIM Minor
The Digital Communication, Information and Media minor is open to all majors at Rutgers University. Completing the minor's design and prerequisites requires a minimum of three semesters of coursework. The minor requires students to complete six 3-credit courses, with a grade of C or better, for a total of 18 credits.
Students must take the following classes:
- 04:189:151 Virtual Team Dynamics
- 04:189:152 The Structure of Information
- 04:189:251 Strategic Presentation Methods in Digital Media
- 04:189:351 Leadership in Digital Contexts
- 04:189:352 Self and Society in Virtual Contexts or 04:189:353 Digital Technology and Disruptive Change
- 04:189:451 Capstone in Digital Communication, Information, and Media
The same courses may not be credited toward the completion of any other major or minor at the School of Communication and Information (SC&I).
The DCIM program encourages students to make an advising appointment with the SC&I Student Services Office to help structure a plan for completing the full program on schedule.