Degree Requirements for the DCIM Minor
The Digital Communication, Information and Media minor is open to all majors at Rutgers University. Completing the minor's design and prerequisites requires a minimum of three semesters of coursework. The minor requires students to complete six 3-credit courses, with a grade of C or better, for a total of 18 credits.
Students must take the following classes:
- 04:189:151 Virtual Team Dynamics
- 04:189:152 The Structure of Information
- 04:189:251 Strategic Presentation Methods in Digital Media
- 04:189:351 Leadership in Digital Contexts
- 04:189:352 Self and Society in Virtual Contexts or 04:189:353 Digital Technology and Disruptive Change
- 04:189:451 Capstone in Digital Communication, Information, and Media
DCIM classes fulfill a variety of Core Curriculum requirements for SAS and other schools and can be double-counted for the DCIM and Gender and Media minors.
The DCIM program encourages students to make an advising appointment with the SC&I Student Services Office to help structure a plan for completing the full program on schedule.