The School of Communication and Information's (SC&I) Department of Library and Information Science offers a 39-credit undergraduate major in Information Technology and Informatics (ITI). To be accepted into the School of Communication & Information and apply to the ITI major, students must have completed:
- 01:355:101 Expository Writing or an equivalent course or placement, with a grade of C or better,
- At least 15 credits at Rutgers, or at least 15 transfer credits to Rutgers, with at least a 2.0 Grade Point Average, and
- With a grade of C or better the required prerequisite survey course 04:189:103 Information Technology and Informatics.
Please note that meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee students admission to the ITI major.
SC&I Interdisciplinary Requirement
- 04:189:101 Introduction to Communication and Information Systems and Processes OR
- 04:189:102 Introduction to Media
Students may view complete descriptions of SC&I-Wide Undergraduate Courses in the Courses area.
ITI students must complete four required courses in the major:
- 04:547:200 Social Informatics
- 04:547:201 Introduction to Computer Concepts
- 04:547:202 Object-Oriented Programming
- 04:547:210 Management of Technological Organizations
In addition, ITI students must select seven elective courses from the course listing for the ITI Major.
** Students who have questions or need assistance with prerequisites or special permission numbers should see advisors in the Student Services Office, SC&I Room 214.