The ITI program offers a Senior Thesis to undergraduates who excel in the major. Senior Thesis students conduct original research under the supervision of a faculty advisor and an honors thesis committee. In order to be accepted into the program, the specified eligibility requirements must be met:
- 3.4 Grade Point Average in the ITI major
- 3.2 overall Grade Point Average
- Completed 45 credits of university-level coursework by the end of the semester in which declaration is made
- Agreement from a faculty advisor
- Complete and submit an ITI honors declaration
Upon acceptance to the program students will
- Enroll and complete with a grade of B or higher the ITI course Application of Research in Information Technology (547:300), which is usually taken in the fall semester.
- Complete a Senior Thesis through enrollment and completion with a grade of B or higher in the ITI independent study course Honors Thesis (547:465) under the direction of their faculty advisor, and usually taken in the spring semester.
- Pass an oral defense of the thesis during senior year and present their final project at the SC&I session of the Rutgers Undergraduate Research Week.
Students may also participate in their college honors program under the sponsorship of the department.
Students should download and complete the ITI Honors Program Application.