The Department of Library and Information Science offers a 39-credit undergraduate major in ITI. To be accepted into the School of Communication & Information and apply to the ITI major, students must complete:
- 01:355:101 Expository Writing or an equivalent course or placement, with a grade of C or better,
- At least 15 credits at Rutgers, or at least 15 transfer credits to Rutgers, with at least a 2.0 Grade Point Average, and
- With a grade of C or better the required prerequisite survey course 04:189:103 Information Technology and Informatics.
Please note that meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission to the ITI major.
- An interdisciplinary requirement within SC&I
- Core ITI courses
- Elective ITI courses
SC&I Interdisciplinary Requirement
- 04:189:101 Introduction to Communication and Information Systems and Processes OR
- 04:189:102 Introduction to Media
Complete descriptions of these and other SC&I undergraduate courses are available.
ITI students must complete four required courses in the major:
- 04:547:200 Social Informatics
- 04:547:201 Introduction to Computer Concepts
- 04:547:202 Object-Oriented Programming
- 04:547:210 Management of Technological Organizations
In addition, ITI students must select seven elective courses from the course listing for the ITI Major.
Please see the advisors in the Student Services Office, SC&I Room 214, if you have any questions or need assistance.