We welcome international students to apply–see our International Students page for more detailed information. Please note that you must meet these five requirements:
- Minimum required scores on either TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) earned within the past three years
- TOEFL minimum required scores are 80 for internet-based test (iBT) or 60 for paper-delivered test. The Rutgers Graduate School-New Brunswick suggests these minimum sub-score distributions: Writing, 24; Reading, 24; Listening, 22; Speaking, 24 (on iBT only). Use Rutgers Institutional Code 2790; Rutgers does not use ETS department codes.
- IELTS Academic test minimum required overall band score is 7.0. IELTS results are delivered to receiving organizations by postal mail or electronic download. See IELTS for more information.
- The MHCI program will accept the Duolingo English Test from affected graduate applicants applying to begin their studies in Fall 2020. The Duolingo English Test is an online English language proficiency test that can be taken via a camera-enabled computer. The minimum Duolingo score is 105. http://www.duolingo.com
- Evidence of adequate financial resources
- Proper Visa status
- International applicants should submit original or certified (notarized) copies of all post-secondary transcripts, diplomas, and degrees. If not issued in English, a translation must be provided from a professional translation agency.
MCHI reserves the right to request an applicant to have their transcript evaluated by a NACES accredited credentialing agency. The MCHI program staff will reach out to the applicant with this request. For a list of NACES agencies, please visit: https://naces.org/members.
- A video-based interview (see below)