SC&I Policy for Masters Students on Pass/No-Credit Grades for Summer Session 2020 courses In Response to the Coronavirus Crisis
- SC&I graduate students enrolled in graduate level courses (17:XXX:500 and above) or in undergraduate courses that are approved parts of their graduate curriculum have the option to switch their grading modality from A, B, C, or F letter grades to P/NC for any Summer Session 2020 class through August 21, 2020. The “P” grade replaces the A, B, or C letter grades. The “NC” grade replaces the F letter grade.
- This P/NC grade option applies to all Summer Session 2020 courses (which include Summer Sessions I, II, and III).
- “P” grades will count towards the credits required for the degree, but they will not enter into GPA calculation.
- P/NC and U grades earned during the Summer Session 2020 term will not be permitted to contribute to any SC&I student being deemed as “not in good academic standing.”
- Undergraduate students who are currently taking graduate courses as part of the 4 + 1 (Bachelor’s / Master’s) programs should follow the undergraduate P/NC policy outlined by their four-year undergraduate school for this Summer Session 2020 term.
Policies for Other SC&I Students (reminder)
- Doctoral students at SC&I should refer to the School of Graduate Studies Summer Session 2020 grading policy for their options for P/NC. The P/NC option should be evaluated very carefully by individual Ph.D. students. Ph.D. students are urged to consult with their advisor and graduate program director before choosing the P/NC option as there may be negative consequences related to choosing P/NC. Some Ph.D. programs will still require letter grades in certain courses where there is a requirements for a “B or better” grades for advancing in the program.
- Undergraduate students at SC&I should refer to the Summer Session 2020 grading policy of their four-year school for their options for P/NC.