This course introduces students to the principles of object-oriented analysis, design and programming. The focus is on developing creative thinking for analyzing a problem domain and designing a solution, and on using the Java programming language (or other appropriate programming language) to implement it.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Apply critical thinking to analyze the requirements of a simple application and build a model of the problem.
- Use the Unified Modeling Language (UML) and object-oriented design principles to develop a conceptual solution.
- Use the Java programming language to implement the designed solution.
- Use visual programming tools to sketch and build simple user interfaces.
- Apply testing and debugging to ensure the correctness and efficiency of the application.