Frequently Asked Questions

How long is each course and are they offered online?

All courses run for four weeks and are 100% online, flexible, asynchronous, and self-paced.

If I am on a waiting list, when will I be informed?

If a registered student cancels from the program for any reason, a CPS team member will reach out to those on the waiting list in order. If you receive a call and are still interested in enrolling, we will direct you to the website to complete your registration and tuition payment.

What if I need to cancel my registration for class?

You may withdraw in writing (via an email to from a course up to three business days before a course begins and receive a full refund or credit in the form of a tuition voucher, applicable to a future course offering.

If the Continuing and Professional Studies department is not notified in writing at least three business days before the start of a course, you will be assessed a 25% cancellation fee. You will forfeit the entire tuition if you do not withdraw or attend your course. Students may not cancel after the program begins.

What will I earn at the end of the non-credit certificates?

At the completion of your certificate, we will mail your transcript and Certificate of Completion via the U.S. Postal Service within 30 days of completion. You will also receive information about the upcoming pinning ceremony. Please confirm your availability to attend the event within 72 hours of receiving the email. If you cannot participate, we will mail your pin with the other documents.

What if a course is canceled?

Courses may be added or canceled throughout the year. The Continuing and Professional Studies department will refund the course tuition if a course is canceled.

What if there are program information changes?

Continuing and Professional Studies reserves the right to modify the information printed in course materials, within the online course, and on this website.

Is my certificate eligible for a 1098-T form?

The non-credit certificates offered by the Professional Development Studies department do not meet the guidelines of the 1098-T forms. The Lifetime Learning tax credit is an option for eligible professional development studies students.

What is a Lifetime Learning Tax Credit?

The Lifetime Learning tax credit enables a taxpayer to claim a tax credit of up to $2,000 per family for the cost of qualified tuition and related expenses paid by the taxpayer during the tax year on behalf of the taxpayer, the taxpayer’s spouse, or the taxpayer’s dependents. You may qualify for an educational tax credit for tuition and fees paid for professional development studies programs.

A family can claim a credit of up to $2,000 for educational expenses on its tax return. Eligible education expenses are offset by scholarships, grants, and employer-provided tax-free educational assistance. The tax credit is subject to income and other limitations. Taxpayers may file IRS form 8863 Educational Credits with their tax returns to claim tax credits.

For detailed information, consult IRS Publication 970, Tax Benefits for Higher Education, which describes the tax credits and other tax savings opportunities related to the higher cost of education. It may be obtained at any IRS office, at, or by calling 1-800-829-1040.

How can I get a payment invoice or receipt?

If you need a copy of your payment receipt for a Professional Development Studies course, please review our instructions on printing a document directly from your account.

Visit to login with your account information, then follow the steps below.

  1. In the upper right, click on My Account.
  2. When the drop down menu appears, select View/Pay Invoices.PDS Account
  3. From the VIEW INVOICES screen, select ALL, then GO.PDS Account
  4. Click on the blue invoice number to select the invoice. The invoice will appear on your screen and you may print or download it.PDS Account

For further assistance, contact the Continuing and Professional Studies Department at or call (848) 932-7169