The school seeks qualified part-time instructors in our bachelor’s and master’s programs. If you are interested in discussing the prospect of becoming a part-time faculty member, contact the department chair or program director of the program in your area of expertise by emailing them with your resume/CV and a cover letter that outlines your teaching experience, your subject matter expertise, and lists the courses we offer that you feel qualified to teach. To see a list of courses in each program, go to the program page by using the blue navigation bar above; the "Undergraduate" and "Graduate" options will allow you to select a program and see its course listing. Or you can submit your materials online through the Rutgers jobs portal; links are given for each program.
Programs in which we hire part-time faculty:
- Communication undergraduate major (contact Brian Householder)
- Information Technology and Informatics undergraduate major (contact Warren Allen)
- Journalism and Media Studies undergraduate major (contact Steve Miller)
- Digital Communication, Information and Media minor (contact Mary Chayko)
- Master’s in Communication and Media (contact Rick Dool)
- Master’s in Information (contact Lilia Pavlovsky)