The School of Communication and Information produces field-defining scholarship focused on communication, information, and media that expands knowledge, advances practice, promotes social justice and improves lives.
Our research community:
- Includes established and emerging researchers who are nationally and internationally renowned in their academic fields for scholarly excellence and in society for the significant impact of their community and publicly engaged scholarship.
- Present in scholarship fields that are behavioral, computational, critical, design, historical, humanistic, statistical, and social science research approaches.
- Utilizes innovating and refining methods to best address the ever-evolving complexities and consequences of communication, information, and media.
- Achieves significant scholarly and societal impact. The research is published in the highest-impact journals internationally, top university presses worldwide, and the proceedings of the most prestigious conferences.
- Receives competitively awarded funding from federal, state, and international agencies and leading foundations.