In this project-based course, students will apply user-centered methods they learned in the design of interactive computing systems. Students will perform data collection, synthesize data, and design novel digital solutions to meet the needs of stakeholders. By completing their work, students will gain hands-on experiences with collaborative brainstorming, iterative design, rapid prototyping and usability evaluations to become interaction design professionals
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify design opportunities through a user-centered design process.
- Demonstrate the ability to analytically identify, think-through and solve a design problem.
- Demonstrate the ability to design and prototype interactive products at varying levels of fidelity.
- Develop critiquing skills to evaluate design concepts and products in a constructive way.
- Communicate design ideas to a variety of stakeholders.