Competitive and strategic intelligence can support various corporate and organizational objectives and functions. Systematic programs for gathering, analyzing, and disseminating information for decision making. Special attention to the information audit; to tailored selection and analysis of information for given user groups; and assessment of quality and value of information services.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Define, articulate and demonstrate the value added processes of strategic information retrieval, analysis and provision in organizational contexts.
- Identify, construct and maintain strategic intelligence resources.
- Recognize CI needs through analysis and trend spotting.
- Analyze information problems and develop solutions, drawing from a wide range of information technology tools and practices.
- Apply analytical, evaluative and presentation tools for reports and summaries.
- Construct intelligence resources utilizing technological tools as support systems.
- Understand the ethical and legal constraints on the collection and disclosure of information.
- Explore professional networks and workplace competencies.