Design of presentations using texts, graphics, images, sounds. User interpretation, navigation, and interaction with visualizations. Visualization in information retrieval, and interfaces in library and information processes. Effective display and presentation of information in organizational contexts, using various formats, both print and electronic.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand human visual perception and how it relates to creating effective information visualizations.
- Understand the key design principles for creating information visualizations.
- Recognize the major existing techniques and systems in information visualization.
- Evaluate information visualizations tools.
- Design new, innovative visualizations.