This course provides an introduction to the current state of management theory, ethics, and practice focusing on leadership and the management of information organizations.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Examine, evaluate, and apply contemporary management concepts, theories, and functions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the applications of managerial functions including planning, organizing, and leading.
- Explore existing information organizations and critically analyze the ways in which management activities and functions are carried out in those environments.
- Analyze and evaluate key organizational concepts and issues.
- Develop and apply problem-solving skills in a managerial situation.
- Contribute to collaborative projects and initiatives that are relevant in today's interactive and technologically mediated work environments.