Theories and techniques for collecting, selecting, packaging, and disseminating information within organizations and between organizations and their constituencies.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the evolution of PR as it relates to the modern era and communications industry.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of PR in the corporate, non-profit/government, and agency setting.
- Understand the role of research and strategic planning in PR.
- Research PR issues, explain them intelligently, relate them to organizations and audiences and to provide solutions.
- Understand strategic PR planning process and how to create a strategic PR plan.
- Understand various traditional and new PR techniques.
- Understand messaging and themes, image and reputation and how it relates to tactic creation and strategic planning.
- Demonstrate the ability to create tactics that are strategic and creative.
- Demonstrate the ability to work on individual and group project assignments.
- Present PR ideas, analysis of case studies and plans in front of peers.
- Understand and create a variety of PR tools and tactics available to PR professionals.
- Acquire the ability to work in a simulated PR project environment.