This course links communication theory to the practice of marketing and media planning. Students work to analyze current trends in media and marketing while applying skills learned in previous communication courses.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Evaluate current trends in the media and marketing industries, and distinguish between trends in each of the respective subfields.
- Explain and articulate how popular communication theories and topics relate to the media and marketing industries.
- Apply key communication theories and research to plan and produce a basic marketing communication plan.
- Analyze advertising and marketing campaigns to assess the communicative choices made by industry professionals.
- Demonstrate a deeper awareness of the degree to which communication theories informs the creation and design of society through advertising and marketing.
- Demonstrate proficiency in presenting ideas effectively in a class presentation.