Survey of the field of communication: interpersonal, group, organizational, speech, mass, intercultural, and international communication; public relations and advertising.
Upon the successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Discuss and evaluate the main branches of communication.
- Analyze different communication scenarios and interactions.
- Learn the basic aspects of communication theory and related applications.
- Recognize differences between vernacular and academic approaches to communication.
- Apply theories of perception, the self, culture, language, nonverbal communication, mediated communication, relationships, organizations, and mass communication to real life situations.