Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create Screencasts and Work with Different Media Types, such as images, audio and video.
- Utilize Web Services, such as online surveys, Google Analytics or Web APIs, in the design and development of information services.
- Create and upload HTML Web pages that are standards compliant and contain relative and absolute links, tables, images and embedded video or data widgets.
- Design external Cascading Style Sheets that control the layout and visual appearance of a set of Web pages.
- Design Responsive Layouts that control the layout and visual appearance of a set of Web pages on different display devices.
- Understand the Basics of Scripting Languages, such as PHP, to create simple and useful scripts to develop information service.
- Create a Database Application using MySQL that shows information organized into one or more Tables, a data entry Form, multiple Queries for simple information retrieval, and one or more Reports for the presentation of information.
- Evaluate an Open Source Software Tool and assess the advantages and disadvantages of using such tools in a library or business setting.