This course will enable students to participate in the development of a journalism and media production project. They will also learn how to harness technology and study its implementation and impact on social change.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Engage in media production, investigative reporting, web design, editorial writing, video production, photography.
- Develop stories that are grounded in community needs by listening to the public
- Analyze communities in order to better understand issues and concerns.
- Collaborate and build teams.
- Utilize social media and other tools to interact, curate, and inform.