Theory, concepts, methods, and analysis for understanding and applying social networks to organizational contexts.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Use networks as a theoretical framework for their own research.
- Use network analysis as a research technique (e.g., how to gather the data, identify relevant concepts, how to analyze and represent the data).
- Explain how network concepts apply to theories or topics of interest to the student.
- Analyze relationships in terms of social networks and organization theory.
- Synthesize organizational and networks theories and concepts.
- Use computer software to manage raw network data and then conduct various network analyses on it.