In this course, students learn how to effectively present complex information using the Web, multimedia or information visualization techniques. The course develops an understanding of how best to leverage human perceptual capabilities to communicate information or gain insights into large and abstract data.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify key dimensions of human visual perception and relate them to creating effective information visualizations.
- Demonstrate understanding of key design principles for creating effective web pages, multimedia presentations or information visualization interfaces.
- Analyze multimedia in detail to study video editing principles employed.
- Use video camera and video editing software to create video presentation.
- Understand major techniques and systems in information visualization.
- Create an effective web site, video presentation or information visualization prototype for a specific topic or data set.