This course analyzes communication technologies, their consequences for society and individuals, and the social forces that affect their form and function. It critically examines the impact of communication technology on society through in-depth seminars and independent research.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Examine how social, cultural, and political environments are changing with the emergence of new technologies.
- Address contemporary controversies about the impact of new technologies on society.
- Develop analytical tools for understanding the relationship between new technologies and society.
- Build a critical awareness of the influence of new technologies on themselves, other individuals, institutions, and societies.
- Design and implement original research on the relationship between communication technologies and society.