The role of communication in social change, diffusion of innovations, and national development.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Apply an ecological approach to communication.
- Demonstrate how ecological levels are interrelated.
- Explain how ecological factors impact community engagement and practices through case studies.
- Determine appropriate communication strategies to enhance context-placed practices.
- Demonstrate an understanding of community-based principles and ethics.
- Identify how an ecological approach is relevant to certain careers working with communities.