Examines leadership from a communicative perspective, integrating theory and practice. Combines traditional information components of university courses, with experimental learning activities such as interactive simulations, exercises, case studies, and an organizational simulation.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Apply communication theories, concepts and skills to the study and practice of leadership.
- Understand fundamental perspectives, theories and concepts of leadership as they apply in relationships, groups, organizational and civic settings.
- Demonstrate an analytic/critical perspective relative to leadership perspectives, theories and concepts.
- Systematically assess individual, group and organization leadership practices and situations.
- Acquire enhanced experience and competency in, and commitment to, personal leadership in relationship, group, organizational, and civic settings.