Digital media production is the study of media creation and display through online and interactive experiences. This includes audio and video steaming in online contexts, but it also covers other types of new media that are hybrids of the two. Using various multimedia systems and formats, you will explore the foundations of development, content creation and distribution across multiple platforms. Focusing on multi-platform digital media, you will have the opportunity to write, produce and edit your own digital media content for online distribution.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Discuss various digital media production workflows from concept to distribution.
- Differentiate between media formats and choose appropriate actions for initiating and completing media projects.
- Produce, design, record and edit original content for websites, podcasts, and video.
- Identify various software and hardware interface items and define their function.
- Develop, organize, and create content optimized for various media distribution formats.