Fundamentals of writing across media platforms. By the end of the course, students will be able to write in many journalistic and media-based styles using basic and accepted techniques accepted by each discipline. This course will serve as a foundation for understanding and using different styles of writing, research, and content development.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify and analyze the characteristics of various forms of media writing.
- Write clearly, accurately, with energy and voice, for specific audiences.
- Purposefully blend text, graphical content, multimedia, and interactive elements.
- Develop content for various media platforms.
- Gather, evaluate, and disseminate data-based research.
- Critically evaluate and edit mediated content and design.