Long-form video journalism storytelling developed over a significant period of time teaching students critical thinking, research, writing skills and various production techniques.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Apply skills learned in the classroom to an off-campus or professional media environment.
- Describe and relate subject-related theory to the practical applications learned
- Innovate tools and technologies appropriate for media professions
- Research, produce, and critique documentary and news magazine broadcast
- Develop production skills such as one-man band filming techniques, editing with AVID software, and writing scripts, arranging shoots, interviewing and identifying characters, and developing stories