The Global Media specialization offers students the opportunity to study the diverse media landscape around the world. To qualify for the specialization, you must be a declared JMS major and complete all requirements. Courses that count toward the Global Media specialization may also count toward the 33-credit major. Not all courses will be offered every semester.
- 04:567:200 Writing for Media
- 04:567:201 Media Ethics and Law
- A foundation course in one of the major’s three pathways: Journalism and Emerging Media, Creative Media Practice, or Media and Society.
Specialization Courses (select 3 courses / 9 credits):
- 04:567:215 Gender, Race, and Class in the Media
- 04:567:329 International Reporting
- 04:567:365 Mediating the Middle East
- 04:567:405 Writing About Social Issues
- 04:567:420 Global News
- 04:567:473 Topics in Media and Society III*
- 04:567:475 International Media
- 04:567:488 Independent Study in Media Studies
- 04:567:489 Independent Study in Journalism
- Any Topics in Journalism and Emerging Media course that involves JMS faculty-led travel outside the United States