Applying to the Graduate and Ph.D. Programs
Applications for these programs are considered on a rolling basis. Applications must be complete to be considered for admission.
Start in September
- U.S. resident deadline: August 1 (Considered for scholarships, apply by February 1)
- International student deadline: July 1
Start in January
- U.S. resident deadline: December 1
- International student deadline: November 1
Start in May (Master of Information, Online program only)
- U.S. resident deadline: April 15
- International student deadline: March 15
School of Communication and Information (SC&I) Ph.D. students may elect to focus their study in the following areas:
Information about all three doctoral areas of concentration can be found in the SC&I Ph.D. section.
Ph.D. Application Deadline
The application deadline for Fall 2018 enrollment is January 5, 2018.
Application deadlines for the fall term are January 5 of each year, with late applications to be considered at a May 1 deadline. Students requesting financial aid must apply by January 5.
The Ph.D. program only admits students for a fall semester start — no students are permitted to begin the program in spring.
Application forms for the Ph.D. program are available from the Office of Graduate & Professional Admissions.
To request information to any program, please visit this site.