We welcome international students to apply–see our International Students page for more detailed information. Please note that you must meet these five requirements:
- Minimum required scores on either TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) earned within the past three years
- TOEFL minimum required scores are 80 for internet-based test (iBT) or 60 for paper-delivered test. The Rutgers Graduate School-New Brunswick suggests these minimum sub-score distributions: Writing, 24; Reading, 24; Listening, 22; Speaking, 24 (on iBT only). Use Rutgers Institutional Code 2790; Rutgers does not use ETS department codes.
- IELTS Academic test minimum required overall band score is 7.0. IELTS results are delivered to receiving organizations by postal mail or electronic download. See IELTS for more information.
- Evidence of adequate financial resources
- Proper Visa status
- International applicants should submit original or certified (notarized) copies of all post-secondary transcripts, diplomas, and degrees. If not issued in English, a translation must be provided from a professional translation agency.
MCM reserves the right to request an applicant to have their transcript evaluated by a NACES accredited credentialing agency. The MCM program staff will reach out to the applicant with this request. For a list of NACES agencies, go to: https://naces.org/members.
- A video-based interview (see below)