We welcome international students to apply. See the Rutgers University Graduate Admissions page for International Students for more detailed information. Please note that there are five additional requirements that all international applicants must meet:
- Minimum required scores on either TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) earned within the past three years
- TOEFL minimum required scores are 80 for the internet-based test (iBT) or 60 for the paper-delivered test. The Rutgers Graduate School-New Brunswick suggests these minimum sub-score distributions: Writing, 24; Reading, 24; Listening, 22; Speaking, 24 (on iBT only). Use Rutgers Institutional Code 2790; Rutgers does not use ETS department codes.
- IELTS Academic test minimum required overall band score is 7.0. IELTS results are delivered to receiving organizations by postal mail or electronic download. See IELTS for more information.
- The MCM program will accept the Duolingo English Test from affected graduate applicants applying to begin their studies in Fall 2020. The Duolingo English Test is an online English language proficiency test that can be taken via a camera-enabled computer. The minimum Duolingo score is 105. https://www.duolingo.com
- Evidence of adequate financial resources
- Proper visa status
- An official transcript evaluation by any member of NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) such as WES (World Education Services). Refer to NACES for a full list of eligible evaluators.
- A video-based interview (see below)
- Refer to NACES for a full list of eligible evaluators.