***New certification applications will not be accepted until June 1, 2022. We appreciate your patience and understanding, as the NJDOE is currently implementing a new application process. Updates will be made to our website once they are provided.***
**Please contact Allison Machiaverna to confirm successful completion of certification requirements at email@example.com or 848-932-8742 prior to submitting your documents. Documents will only be accepted via email.
Please read below to review the actions required to apply for your CE or CEAS.
1. Complete the Certification application. Please be sure to fully complete the NJDOE Certification Application, including side two. U.S. citizens must review the options offered under the "Oath of Allegiance" and complete the appropriate choice.
2. An official e-transcript directly from the institution, confirming degree completion is required. Please note at Rutgers University, it can take up to several weeks before degrees are updated on student transcripts, following your final semester, to reflect degree completion. Request your Rutgers transcript online. Please request e-transcripts be sent directly to Andrea Sacco, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. If students have fulfilled the education requirement (outside of Rutgers or prior to the Rutgers MI September 2019 curriculum update), ONE of the following is required.
- a copy of the standard teaching certificate OR
- proof that a student has completed an NJ State-approved college teacher preparation program with or without student teaching. The Verification of Program Completion form is preferred, OR
- All THREE DOCUMENTS below:
- An official e-transcript from the institution where education coursework was completed, directly sent to Andrea Sacco at email@example.com AND
- A letter of support from the institution vouching for the coherent plan of study the student has completed. If a student completed the education courses through our office, please advise Allison Machiaverna at firstname.lastname@example.org AND
- Verification of Program Completion form.
*Additionally, because The Office of Student Services at the School of Communication and Information is confirming successful completion of the MI program for students, the certification process typically moves quicker than if students were to apply for certification on their own through the New Jersey Department of Education. It can take two to six weeks to receive the certification once a student’s application and credentials have been submitted to The Office of Student Services, depending on volume at the New Jersey Department of Education. Students who have been waiting more than six weeks should contact Student Services so we may follow up with the Department of Education.
4. Please click on the link below to complete the NJDOE required payment of $170.00. Payment must be made using Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover or a bank account: https://ce-catalog.rutgers.edu/coursedisplay.cfm?schID=79845