University Resources, Personal and Academic Assistance

Rutgers University has a host of services that are available to on-campus and online students who may encounter challenges outside the classroom that may impact their academic experience.

Personal Assistance

The Office of the Dean of Students at Rutgers University offers an holistic approach to student-centered advocacy for undergraduate and graduate students.

The Office of Disability Services provides the necessary tools, resources and support for individuals with disabilities to become responsible decision-makers and self-advocates in charge of their own future.

Counseling, Alcohol and Other Drug Assistance Program & Psychiatric Services (CAPS) was created by joining the major mental health services on campus into one organization, as part of the Rutgers Health Service. CAPS now includes Counseling Services, Alcohol and Other Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) and Psychiatric Service

The Office of Veteran and Military Programs and Services supports veteran, military, and eligible family members through comprehensive programs and services.

Academic Assistance

The Rutgers Learning Centers strives to be a leading resource to the University and higher education community by supporting learning and development, as well as serving as a liaison between students, faculty, courses and scholarship in the learning sciences


Online Resources

My Rutgers gives student links to important information needed on a daily basis including such categories as Academics, Campus, Personal, Help Resources, and Help Desk.

Weather Updates

Visit the Rutgers University Campus Status Update.

Complaint Resolution

SC&I strives to provide the highest quality learning opportunities. However, if a conflict does arise, we will work hard to resolve your concerns or complaints in an expeditious, fair, and amicable way.   

If you have a concern or problem with an instructor, you should try to resolve the problem with your instructor first.  If you still have concerns, follow our guidelines on student complaints about grades.

If you have other concerns, you should generally first contact the SC&I Office of Student Services or your program director or department chair to resolve it.  If an issue cannot be resolved by our internal processes, you may choose to file a complaint with Rutgers' Office of the Ombudsperson for Students. When appropriate, issues may be filed with your state of residence commission on higher education. Please see the complaint process for each state.

Contact Assistant Dean Kevin Ewell to address your concerns.